How To Reach Kanha National Park
• Kanha (Khatia/Kisli) :- Khatia gate is one out of three entrance gates of Kanha Tiger Reserve. As Kisli village is inside core zone, close to Khatia gate, it is often termed as Kisli gate also. It is the oldest entrance gate then other two entrances. Most of the cheap & medium level resorts are close to Kisli entrance gate. Better connected from Jabalpur (165kms), Nagpur (300kms).
• Kanha (Mukki) :- It is the second entrance out of three entrance gates of Kanha Tiger Reserve. After Khatia entrance, it was opened for visitors to reduce the pressure on Khatia entrance gate. Most of the luxurious resorts in Kanha National Park are in adjoining to this entrance. It is about 45kms from Khatia entrance. Better connected from Jabalpur (210kms), Raipur (250kms), Nagpur (320kms).
• Kanha (Sarhi) :- It is the third entrance and the latest one entrance for Kanha Tiger Reserve. As it it is the newest one so not so popular. Theirs is no good accommodation facility available close to this entrance gate.
• Where is Kanha National Park ?
Kanha National Park is located in Mandla District of Madhya Pradesh State in India(Central) at South-West of Asia. Madhya Pradesh is known as Tiger State of India and its highest forested area in India and shelters major part of Tiger Population in India. It is located at the Central of India. Kanha National Park is in South-East of Madhya Pradesh state in Central India.
• How to reach Kanha through flight/s or flight connectivity for Kanha National Park?
In order to reach Kanha National Park by flight, one has to take flight for Mumbai or Delhi Airport from abroad. Jabalpur is the nearest airport (170kms/04:00hrs) having daily direct flight connectivity with Delhi & Mumbai. Second option could be Raipur or Nagpur Airports. Raipur Airport at a distance of 270kms/06:00hrs have direct flight connectivity from Delhi, Mumbai & Kolkata. Raipur city is capital of tribal state Chattisgarh in Central India. Nagpur Airport at a distance of 300kms/06:00hrs is international airport having direct flight connectivity from Mumbai, Delhi, Pune, Hyderabad & Sharjah. Nagpur is part of Maharashtra State (Eastern Maharashtra) nearly at Central of India.
In case you are not comfortable with long surface drives then one can take charted plane and landed at Birwa Airstrip, located at Balaghat town about 14kms/00:30 minutes from Kanha(Mukki) & 60kms/01:30hrs from Kanha Khatia gate.
In case you can't afford charted plane, next better option is to reach Jabalpur city. Jabalpur city have direct flight connectivity from Delhi and also have many trains from Mumbai & Delhi. From Jabalpur Airport to Kanha National Park (Khatia entrance) is 175kms/04:00hrs surface drive.
Their is one more option to reach Kanha. It is to take flight from Mumbai/Delhi for Raipur Airport which lies in Chattisgarh state. Raipur Airport is about 260kms/06:00hrs drive from Kanha National Park. Raipur is a capital town of Chattisgarh state and is close from Kanha(Mukki entrance).
• How to reach Kanha National Park by train?
Nearest Railway Station for Kanha National Park is Gondia (145kms) & Jabalpur (165kms). Gondia railway station is 145kms/03:00hrs drive from Kanha (Mukki). Jabalpur railway station is 165kms/04:00hrs drive from Kanha (Khatia/Kisli) entrance gate & 210kms/05:00hrs drive from Kanha (Mukki). In between Gondia & Jabalpur, Jabalpur railway station is large one and have better connectivity from cities like Agra, Jaipur, Varanasi, Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Bangalore, Ahmedabad etc. At the same time Jabalpur city have variety of hotels to stay or have breakfast/lunch/dinner. Gondia is small town with no good place to stay with limited connectivity.
• How to reach Kanha National Park if budget is low?
For those who have low budget and wish to visit Kanha National Park then arrive at Delhi/Mumbai city and board overnight trian for Jabalpur city. Most of the trains from Mumbai & Delhi reaches Jabalpur railway station in morning hours. From Jabalpur railway station, Kanha National Park (Khatia) is at 165kms/04:00hrs drive and Kanha (Mukki) is at a distance of 210kms/05:00hrs drive. One can find regular tourist taxi service from Jabalpur city. Those who can't afford the charges of taxi service can board bus for Mandla town and then change to next bus from Mandla to Kanha-Kisli. Buses runs in day-time only.
• How to reach Kanha National Park from Bandhavgarh National Park?
Kanha Tiger Reserve is about 255kms/06:00hrs from Bandhavgarh Tiger Reserve. Their is no regular bus service in between them so one can travel by tourist taxi only. As road condition is improving in between them so medium/large cars are advisible to travel. On enroute, one can visit Ghughwa Fossil Park which showcases 6.5 million years old plant fossils of Gondwanaland time. Mandla is the only large city on enroute for refreshment and temporary halt.
• How to reach Kanha Tiger Reserve from Pench Tiger Reserve?
Kanha (Khatia) is about 200kms/04:30hrs from Pench Tiger Reserve. Kanha (Mukki) is about 245kms/05:00hrs drive from Pench Tiger Reserve. Tourist taxi is the best available option to travel in between these two Tiger Reserves of Central India. On the way from Pench to Kanha, their is no large town and most of the time we will pass through rural cover of Central India